Wednesday 28 September 2011

Two new Snowman cards

Today I was determined to make at least one card, despite the fact that I still have no printer.  So a rummage around produced a piece of Snowman decoupage waiting to be turned into a card and I decided to use one of my very first attemtps at rubber stamping and colouring for another card.  Then I had to work out how to use the two images given the fact that I couldn't print any backing papers and also couldn't use any Spellbinders dies as my die-cutting machine broke a couple of weeks ago too (just not my year for machines and technology this year!!)

This is the first card I made






This is a very simple little card.  5x5 card base on plain white card.  I had previously cut out the stamped and coloured snowman image with my Spellbinders so after embossing each side of the card with a cuttlebug border embossing folder, using my Sizzix Texture Boutique, I attached it with some foam tape.  I then added the poinsetta embellishment in the bottome right corner and a Christmas sentiment at the top - I bought a pack of these sentiments from Lakeland some years ago just to keep in my stash as a standby.  Incidentally Sara Davies from Crafters Companion is demonstrating the Sizzix Texture Boutique in Munich tomorrow morning!

And this is my second card


Again I had already cut out and stuck the base layer of the image using my Spellbinders so just had to add the decoupage to finish the Snowman.  I again used my Texture Boutique to emboss the Christmas words onto a piece of Coredinations card from Crafters Companion and then sanded it back to highlight the writing.  The backing paper presented more of a problem because I couldn't find anything pre-printed that would fit colourwise until I realised that the papers I had marbled myself a few weeks ago should now be dry enough to use - and sure enough I found one exactly the right colour.  There isn't a lot of it showing here so will have to use it again to give it a better showing!  The ribbon is from Ribbonbox and the little pearls were from my stash.  I finished it by cutting out a Snowman head that was pre-printed and backed it with a little die-cut element that I had hanging around!

Hope you like the cards, and thank you for visitng my blog.

Catherine x

3 comments:

  1. awwwwww hun they are gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I really like blue for Christmas, not sure what theme to use this year. The way my brain is working at the moment I'll be still here thinking about it this time in November!

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aquilla and Jacki. I know what you mean Jacki - that is usually me too. This is the first year I have actually made any Christmas cards before December! I also like blue - hubby likes what he calls "proper" Christmas colours - red and green.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete