Thursday 29 September 2011

Two more Snowman cards

Today my Snowman Papercraft kit and the new Snowman cd arrived from Crafters Companion so I set to and made two more cards.  I haven't opened the cd yet but I don't think I will be able to resist the temptation for much longer even though I won't be able to use it until I can print again.

Both my cards tonight are green.  Here is the first one





I usually make my own card bases but decided it was time to use some of the dozens of card blanks I seem to have accumulated over the years.  I'm not sure what you would call this one but the folded card is A5 in size.  The image is a card base from the Snowman Papercrafting Kit and I have applied a rub-on of the Snowman and James in the top left hand corner and another one "Believe" near the bottom right hand corner.  The base is matted onto plain green card.  I have used Coredinations Whitewash card on both front sides of the card, embossing the smaller panel on the right with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then sanding it back.  The image is mounted onto the left side with foam pads and I have finished it with some card candy.

Here is the second card




This card was a bit more difficult to photograh so some of the detail isn't too good.  Again it is A5 in size and the base card is made from Stardream card.  The image is a card base from the Snowman Papercrafting Kit and I have applied a rub on of James and the Snowan.  The image has been mounted first onto Stardream paper which matches the base card and then onto gold mirri card.  I have used Versamark to stamp some little Christmas trees along the bottom of the base card using a rubber stamp from Jane Nestorenko's Adorables, and also some snowflakes down the right side and then heat embossed them using a clear detail embossing powder.  The text in the bottom right corner is also a rub on from the Papercrafting Kit, as are the white snowflakes down the right side.  I finished it with some white poinsettas from my stash - one poinsetta on it's own looked a bit lonely so I used three!!

I have a very strong suspicion that most of my friends and family will be getting Snowman Christmas cards this year!

Thank you for calling in.

Catherine x

3 comments:

  1. both are very pretty
    hugs linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both ofthem,the colours are fab. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda and Louise. I can't help myself - I always seem to gravitate towards green!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete