Wednesday 11 April 2012

Family Party Part 2. Prizes.

Hello everyone

Welcome to part 2 of my family party posts!

Because we decided to organise games for both children and adults alike, and a quiz for the adults, we had to think of some prizes.

We decided on little bags containing mini chocolate Easter eggs and mini chocolate bunnies for the children.  I cut these out using my Cameo and a template from Serif Craft Artist.

The bags were decorated using my Peter Rabbit cd and Humphrey's Corner cd both by Crafters Companion, and my Me to You Spring Chic cd by Docrafts.  I thought they looked really cute - and the contents were certainly well received by the children!

For the adult prizes I made some boxes and filled them with either Ferrero Roche chocolates or some liqueuer chocolates.


These boxes were made from Centura Pearl card from Crafters Companion and I used a couple of different embossing folders to make top and side panels.  I finished them with ribbon and some decoupaged pansies - and I can't believe that I forgot to take photographs of the finished boxes.  Here is one I cropped from a larger photograph so my apologies as the quality isn't too good.

I also made boxes using blue and green Cordinations card and decorated the top of them with die cut swirls and embellishments cut in a contrasting colour and, you've guessed it, I forgot to take photographs of them too.  Here is another cropped image


Those funny looking fluffy balls in the photograph are the bunnies tails I made for Pin the Tail on the Bunny.  (Well it was Easter Sunday so a rabbit seemed appropriate!)  I cut the shapes from paper using my Cameo (even put a tag on them for the names!) and then glued a cotton wool ball onto them.  I used some small squares of double sided sticky paper for actually sticking the tails onto the poster.  I eventually found a colouring picure of a rabbit on the internet at www.lucylearns.com so downloaded it, digitally removed the original tail and added a red cross for where the tail should be in Paint, enlarged it and used the Poster Print facility to print it out over nine pages.  Here is the image I used to print the poster.

                                                                                                        
And just to finish off this post here is a picture of the poster in use!


Thank you for dropping in.

Catherine x

10 comments:

  1. Gosh you really were busy
    Glad a good time was had by all you deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine you was busy and they are all great xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw catherine looks like all your hard work paid off. all your makes look fab and i bet everyone had a fab time. louise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the projects are absolutely fabulous, well worth all the work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work Catherine TFS xx an

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I just can't get into the party themed decorations. I keep getting asked to do it but just can't. You did a great job! I love the candy boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you back Catherine these are wonderful you have been busy and there I was thinking you were just sitting about and drinking tea lol. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks as if you have been very busy but also had a wonderful time. Stunning craetions as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your creations they are all stunning. I love the idea of the sticking the tail on the bunny and I am sure the children had a really good time.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. certainly looks like fun, love all your creations they all look great xx

    ReplyDelete