Sunday 22 April 2012

Just for fun.

Hello everyone

So, when is a heart not a heart?  When it's a mutant penguin of course!  I was playing around with shapes in CAP and drew a heart using the shapes function.  I challenged myself to turn it into something else without using any other shapes and some time later, after a lot of copying, pasting, manipulating and even cutting with the scissors tool I ended up with this


Poplular opinion seems to be that this is a mutant penguin.  So then I played a bit more, this time using a circle too and ended up with


So this is obviously the good guy penguin!

And finally I played around a bit more with mutant penguin, added some bits from a digikit and got this


But he needs a caption to finish it off - any suggestions?  (but only polite ones mind!)

And now I think I should try and get back to doing some real crafting - but it is fun to have a play.

If you are interested in joining the Serif Craft Artist Users Group on Facebook then please click here and ask to be added to the group.

Thank you for dropping by.

Catherine x

11 comments:

  1. He could be treading on thin ice!
    Its great!

    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Catherine, these are just fab! Loving the penguin very much!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They make me smile... I think you are surprising yourself by what you are achieving.. now think you have to combine and make a comic book style card
    Just a thought...
    Fran x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing This made me smile ......Have fun playing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies - it's nice not to be too serious about what we crafters do sometimes. Thank you for joining in the fun!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really fantastic hun, love them
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute and great fun

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sylvia, LIndsay and Joan - doesn't do to be too serious all the time!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great images, love how you've played around with them xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun character, Catherine. As you say, it's good to play at times. Funky Christmas cards, maybe? Ouch, did I really use the"C" word in April? Lol!
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete