Well at last I have managed to make another card. Yesterday I bought one of Christine Gray's lovely digistamps. I again chose to practise colouring with my polychromos pencils so I only hope Chris thinks I have done her lovely stamp justice.
Before Easter I tried my hand at distressing for the first time when I distressed a little case for my son's partner but before I started on the case I had a quick try on an oval piece of mountboard. This I did by using green emulsion paint onto the mountboard and when it was dry I applied a coat of pva glue, followed by white emulsion paint and then used a heat gun. So today I took this oval and added some Tim Holtz distress ink around the edges and used it for Christine's daisy.
I made my own background paper in Craft Artist, using the colours I had used on the daisy stamp. Once printed I tore (neatly!) around the edges and then distressed the backing paper using more TH distress ink. The central oval is mounted onto Coredinations card which was cut using a Spellbinders die and then lightly sanded around the edges. I finished the card with ribbon from my stash (and made that wonky bow!!). As usual I haven't yet added a sentiment but will do this when I know who the recipient of this card will be.
And finally I have used Craft Artist to make the insert
This is a scrren shot as I haven't yet printed it out so will decide then whether to leave it as is or whether to distress it to match the front.
As I haven't made many cards recently I haven't entered any challenges either, so I have decided to enter this one into the Crafty Bloggers Network challenge 20, "Love Paints".
Anyone who would like to join the Serif Craft Artist Users Group on Facebook please click here and ask to be added to the group.
Thank you for visiting my blog.