Sunday 6 January 2013

Art Nouveau Ladies

Evening everyone

Today I have been making a card to enter into the CD Sunday weekly challenge, the theme of which is "Art Nouveau".  Now I don't know about anyone else, but I have a habit of getting my "art nouveau" and "art deco" images mixed up.  So I wasn't sure I had anything art nouveau, although I knew I had plenty of art deco images. I have quite a few of Sarah Hallam's cds (Peerless Designs) but not the one the DT team used.  And then I remembered these two beautiful images on my Joanna Sheen cds "Fashion".  I have used both of these images separately on more than one occasion but this is the first time I have tried them together on one card (mainly because I like them both so much I couldn't make up my mind which one to use for this challenge!).

Here is the card


The backing paper is also from the cd and the border along the bottom has been made from an image I previously coloured in CraftArtist and added a glass effect to.  I cropped the flower head out of the image and duplicated it to form the ribbon border.  The whole card has been designed in CraftArtist and will be printed out and assembled when I am ready to use it.

But of course no self-respecting card would be complete without a matching insert and here iit is, all ready to have personalised text added to it when I am ready to print it out:

 

Thank you for dropping in to visit my blog.

Catherine x


12 comments:

  1. A stunning image, fits our theme perfectly. I am no expert but I was once told by some clever person, the way to tell the difference between Art D and Art N is the Deco is straight lines and geometric shapes, whilst the N is curves and flowers. thanks you for sharing with us in our challenge at CD Sunday Challenges. Good luck. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah- snap!!! I just went onto CD Sunday to upload my card and thought I'd check out the early birds ... I have also used the pink image from Joabnna Sheen.

    I have to say, I'm glad I didn't see your card before I made mine as I love your fabulous design. The flower border is great too.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Catherine. I think the images you have used are from works by Alphonse Mucha who designed wonderful Art Nouveau advertisements in France.
    Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure of the difference either - and reading Cazro's explanation I'm still none the wiser. (Sorry Caz) Anyway, your card is lovely, the images you've used look just the ticket to me - and it's a great design.
    Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous Catherine, have to say i love these images and they make a wonderful card, i have also used them back to back to bookmarks. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday .
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous choice of images and you have made a gorgeous card Catherine.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work Catherine.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card, these images are so pretty. Many years ago I had a set of mirrors with these images on them they were lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday htis week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Cathrine, I love these images, and they make a gorgeous card with a lovely insert that matches.

    Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week
    Sue x GDT CD Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine that is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card Catherine, this must be one of the few Joanna Sheen CDs that I don't own and I really wish I did now I've seen your fabulous card. Those images are so pretty, I can see why you couldn't choose just one.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the mackintosh rose border too, glad I'm not the only one who gets the two periods muddled up, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete