Sunday 30 September 2012

Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Good afternoon everyone

Today I would like to share a card I made for my niece for her 19th birthday at the end of July.  When I came to make her birthday card I couldn't decide what to do for her - she is mad about hats, just loves her cups of tea and is an Alice in Wonderland fan.  So on with the thinking cap and out at the other end came this card


The image of the Mad Hatter is from the My Craft Studio cd "A Very Important Date" and all the other elements I used are from the Daisytrail digikit Fairytales Tearoom.

I took the image of the Mad Hatter into Craft Artist and manipulated him so that the frame sat over his head and shoulders - it seemed to fit in with the mad theme to do it this way somehow!  Then I simply added other items from the digikit. 

The challenge this week over at the CD Sunday Challenge Blog is Tea Time so I have decided to enter this card.  Why not pop over and have a look for yourself, or even have a go at entering.

Thankyou for visiting my blog

Catherine x

14 comments:

  1. Great Card Catherine..
    A bit how I feel a the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fun card, I'm sure your neice was delighted with it.
    Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super card, a great take on this week's theme of Tea Time. I'm sure your neice loved it.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card - I'm sure it went down a treat.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Catherine i want that CD, the card is lovely I'd be so pleased to get it. thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Catherine, I love the mad hatter, Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card Catherine. I love the images on this CD.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet your niece loved this Catherine - it's a brilliant card!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card Catherine I am sure your neice adored it. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card Catherine. A Very Important Date is a new purchase of mine but haven't had the chance to use it yet.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card Catherine, I love the image on this CD.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A simply stunning card, which I am sure was well received.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Catherine,

    I found your Mad Hatter's tea party image via a Google search. I'm involved with a community theatre group on Gabriola Island (www.gabriolaplayers.ca). We've recently started a youth group who will be staging a Mad Hatter tea party as their first production at the end of June. I'm looking for some artwork we can use for a promotional flyer and was hoping you might give us permission to use your image (with credit, of course).

    Please let me know if this would be okay. My email address is amholmes711@yahoo.co.uk.

    Thanks,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne

      I have sent you an email in response to your enquiry.

      Best wishes

      Catherine x

      Delete