Wednesday 16 January 2013

Something Special

Good evening everyone

Well I'm doing a bit better - two posts in two days - let's hope I can keep it up now!

Today I am going to share a card I have made for the challenge at The CD Sunday Challenge Blog which this week is "Vintage Vogue".  The image and papers I have used are from the My Craft Studio cd "Something Special" and is an image I really like and kept meaning to use - you know how it is folks!

I took the image and the papers into CraftArtist and using the colours and also one of the papers I made a frame for the image.  This is how it looked in CraftArtist once I had designed it

I printed out the frame and the lady separately and layered them onto the card base when I made up the card.  Here is the finished card

To complete the card front I added a red gem to the hat.

But of course no self-respecting card is truly complete without a matching insert - so here it is all ready to personalise and print when I am going to use this card.

 
 
Thank you for dropping in to visit my blog.

Catherine x

9 comments:

  1. She is lovely, what a very elegant lady. I like the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely image and a beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an elegant card, and I agree, every card should have a matching insert. A great Idea to have it ready to personalise. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue x GDT CD Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, beautiful colours. Lovely insert . (Hang my head in shame for my lack of matching inserts!)
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab card using one of my fav MCS images, Thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with such as lovely shade of colour. I too am hanging my head as I don't do inserts. Well I do pop a piece of clean white paper inside.
    Thank you for joining us.
    Carol xx
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really striking card and I love the matching insert. I must confess I only use an insert if the card is dark, the insert is an integral part of the design or I have something to cover up! But I do often decorate the inside of the card to co-ordinate with the front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous image and beautiful colour too, it needs no more than the gem you have added, makes it pop. This is just right for our challenge at CD Sunday
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very stylish and a great image.
    thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete