Monday 30 April 2012

Seraphina in the Rain

Afternoon everyone

Today I am sharing a card I designed in Craft Artist Professional.  Some of the member of the Facebook group Serif Craft Artist Users Group decided that as we have been having so much rain we should make a "rainy" project.  The result was some lovely scrapbook pages and this card was my own contribution.

This was how I designed it in CAP first


For the topper I used the Seraphina character image from my cd "Seraphina Through the Ages" and placed in onto a background image from MCS "A Very Important Date".  I created the rainbow myself in Craft Artist and added it to the top corner of the topper, and then added some extre "rain drops".  I also created the red mat behind the topper, the sentiment and the blue and red little round embellishments in CAP.

And the matching insert as seen in CAP



Finally I had to decide how I was actually going to make up my card - to print it out in one piece, to print each element separately or to just print off the topper.  I finally decided to print out the topper and sentiment separately, and to print the rest out in one piece, but I removed the ribbon and bow before I printed as I decided to replace them with real ribbon.

Here is the finished card


I mounted the topper using thin foam tape, added the ribbon and bow but left off the sentiment as I decided to wait until I had a recipient for this card and make a personal sentiment at that point.  I also used glossy accents on the rain drops and on the little circular embellishments.

And the finished insert, trimmed around the edges slightly to ensure a neat fit.

I think this makes for a nice cute and colourful rainy day card!

If you are interested in learning more about Craft Artist or in sharing hints, tips and projects with other like minded crafters, please click here and ask to be added to our group.

Thank you for calling in.

Catherine x

10 comments:

  1. This is FAB Catherine We have had beautiful sunshine all day today. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine what lovely colours you have used xxxx Love it xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Catherine and beautiful colours.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card, love the image, love the rainbow too great colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just a beautiful card ...lovely design enough to cheer up anyone on a rainy day!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE this, what a gorgeous little scene, this really made me smile =)
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg this is very cute and the colours are stunning and bright xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed both with the digital design and how you've printed out the components and made it up into the final card. It's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for making me smile this morning, it's still wet here in Bristol! I like 'real'.

    ReplyDelete