Monday 5 September 2011

Popcorn and Lace Card

Evening everyone.  Today I decided I needed to have another try with my Robo Lite and I had some toppers already cut out from the Popcorn card I posted yesterday so wondered what I could do to combine the two.  This is what I came up with.


This photograph was taken in artificial light so the colours aren't quite true.  The base card is made from Centura Pearl and is 15cm square.  I embossed the corners using a light box and my Mandala embossing board.  I cut the circular mat in a light green pearl card from my stash and the lace layer using duo-card from CraftUK.  I originally intended to use the lighter pink side of the duo card facing, and the deeper pink showing on the folded areas.  However, this card seems to have a white core and a lot of white was showing along the score lines on the deeper side so I had to flip it over and use it the other way around.  The template for the mat and the lace layer are from a cd - "CD54 Lace Cards" from Cocopopart.

As with all my other new techniques I will have to keep practising (what a wonderful excuse to play!!)  If I can master the Robo Lite and feel happy and confident using it, I may just have to upgrade to a Robo Sillhouette so I can print and cut too.  Better start economonomising now then!

Thank you for calling in.

Catherine x

6 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWW Caherine this is beautiful xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! I was quite pleased with the result I have to say.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's delightful well done you
    hugs linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really beautiful card Catherine!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lynsey - it was a bit of an experiment!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete