Thursday 29 September 2011

Moments in Time, Let it Snow

This is a card I made a few weeks ago but didn't publish on my blog at the time.  It is made with a Flowersoft stamped image from the Moments in Time series and is called Let it Snow.  For those of you following my blog, you may well recognize the image as I made my first Christmas card of 2011 using the same image, but in completely different colours.


This card is 8x8 and the base card is Centura Pearl in ivory.  The backing paper has been made in Craft Artist Professional using a selection of backing papers from a Hot Off The Press Christmas cd.  I have resized them into squares and then "stitched" them together using a digital cross stitch.  The diamond in the centre that the image is mounted onto was made using a Spellbinders die and both blue pearl card and one of the backing papers from the stitched background.  The image itself was coloured using ProMarkers and the edges were inked with Tim Holtz distress inks.  The sentiment was rubber stamped and mounted onto a die cut circle, and the snowflake at the top left corner was done using a Spellbinders die too.  I finished the card with some flowers and card candi.

I hope you like my card.

Catherine x

3 comments:

  1. stunning catherine,,it looks very vintage in style. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Louise and Jackie. When I first made it I was worried it was too dark, but it grew on me and I have to say it has become one of my all time favourite cards made by me.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete