I haven't had much chance to update my blog for the last few evenings so thought I would catch up a bit tonight. Apart from one day I have actually managed to play, even though some days it has been briefly! And the day I didn't manage to play I did have a bit of crafty chat with my friend!
The first card I want to share tonight is a Popcorn the Bear card, made from the cd by Crafters Companion. After Popcorn with sunflowers, I think this is my next favourite Popcorn image.
This card is 190mm square and made from Centura Pearl card. The backing paper is also from the Popcorn cd by Crafters Companion. The pink satin card is from my stash, as are the lilies and the ribbon I made the bow from (actually I think this was originally bought to go around a birthday cake for my daughter many many moons ago!) The topper is printed onto gentle gloss card from Joanna Sheen.
My second card is also from the Popcorn cd by Crafters Companion and is a twisted pyramage card.
This card is aprox 15cm square and made from Centura Pearl card, which was embossed with the Creative Expressions ivy mask. The pyramage topper is printed onto gentle gloss card from Joanna Sheen and the backing paper in the border and embellishment is also from the Popcorn cd. I cut a strip of this to make the border and then crimped it, adding a length of ribbon from my stash up the centre of it. The embellishment is die cut using Centura Pearl card, and the little flower centre is punched from Centura Pearl paper with a sticky iridescent gem in the centre.
I have also been playing with my Flexmarkers as they too are new to me. There are some lovely new pastel colours, as well as some new deeper colours. I decided to colour some images using only the flexmarkers in order to get used to using them. They feel very similar to using a waterbrush. The main problem I had was that the deeper colours (the shocking pink in particular) tends to bleed on the Neenah card I was using. And this was despite allowing the ink to dry before applying, and was particularly noticeable in very small areas.
Here are the results:
The first stamp I tried was "Untamed" by Sugar Nellie. There are no colours suitable for hair, other than blue grey, in the Flexmarkers set so I did her hair with that colour. It is very light and although I added quite a lot of shading to her hair, it doesn't actually show up well on the photograph. I tried again with the same stamp:
This time I decided to be adventurous and added some blue to the blue grey hair, and this has darkened it. The shading shows better on this photograph. I had a bit less trouble with bleeding this time as I only used the shocking pink for shading, rather than for the dress colour.
Next I tried "Birthday Girl" from the Humphrey's Corner stamps by Crafters Companion:
Again I used shocking pink for this image to see if I could find a way to colour without it bleeding and I think I did better this time, although this was possibly because the areas to be coloured were a little larger.
Finally I coloured my very first SWALK stamp, from Crafters Companion.
I really enjoyed doing this particular stamp. I used antique white for the veil and dress, and added shading with soft mauve, which doesn't show up very clearly on the photograph. This time I resorted to my ProMarkers for both bride and groom's hair and also the groom's shoes as the blue grey was just too light. I had much less problems with bleeding when colouring this image, but the colours I used were mainly lighter colours. Overall I am very pleased with the result.
So that is me more or less up to date again. Thank you for stopping by.