Saturday 24 September 2011

Daisy Card

Evening everyone.

We arrived home last night after ten days in Ireland visiting family.  As always we were very sad to leave and come back to reality!  Today we retrieved Paddy from his holiday (in kennels) and of course he needed a bath to restore him to his usual sweet smell!  He was obviously pleased to be home and has followed our every step all day today.

This afternoon I tried to print something and discovered that my printer isn't working (again!)  After spending most of the afternoon trying to get it to work I have given up.  So, no crafting done today.  Instead I thought I might share a card I made a little while ago, using the daisy stamp from Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion range.

I am not sure at all about this card - it's not really me - but I had watched someone doing a very similar thing with a stamp and decided to give it a go.  My friend loves it, but like I said, I am not too sure about it.  Anyway, here it is:


The shaped card base was cut using a Go Kreate Die as were the two layers.  I stamped both the base card and the top layer with Sheena's daisy stamp and a Big and Juicy inkpad.  The middle layer is cut from glitter paper.  I then made a bow from some purple ribbon from my stash, stamped out a couple of daisies onto paper, cut them out and layered them up.

I'm not sure how long it is going to take me to sort out my printer problem as it is likely I may have to buy a new printer (which will be cheaper than parcelling my present printer up and sending it off to a Canon Service Centre!)  And I really miss my printer when it is out of service because I usually print my backing papers, so might just have to do some colouring while I (impatiently) wait!

Thank you for dropping by.

Catherine x

7 comments:

  1. simply beautifull
    hugs linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a pain when you have problems with your printer isn't it, however i'm pleased you chose to share this card and i know you say youre not sure but i love it caterine. its fab and i would have been proud to make it, i've made some similar but not with sheena's stamps. good to see you back and that you had a fab time. Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Linda and Louise. I'm furious about my printer Louise because I have been using it for less than 12 months and Canon Support simply told me to send it off last time it happened. My son found a way of getting it going again last time but it didn't work today so I think a new, non Canon, printer might be the only answer!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Catherine love the cards you do. I also make cards & also enjoy scrap booking but like you there does not seem enough hours. I also like doing family research. I am doing my family & my husbands but have not had time the past few months. We have our grandson 2 days a week he is nearly 4 so keeps us busy, plus he has a little brother due in Feb so no chance of a quiet life yet.(wold not have it any other way) I changed from a Cannon printer to a Kodak as the cartridges are around half the price, only downside it will not take thick card. Hope you get sorted soon. Janx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan. Thank you! Yes, I think I could do with a 48 hour day and 14 day week!! Family history is very absorbing and I get caught up and forget the time! So is card making!! Sounds like you are going to have even less time next February. I changed from an HP to a Canon because the HP didn't take thick card but looks like I might have to change back - when it is working the Canon is really good, and the quality of photographs is excellent - but that's no good if the printer constantly refuses to work!!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card,glad you had a lovely holiday, I have Epson 600 all in one its wifi this is why I went for it for my laptop,but it doesn`t take thick card or acetate which is annoying,as my old HP did,I have a epson 300 photo printer but thats attached to the main computor which does take thick card,which is now giving up the ghostas it gets lines on its a same they dont do this in a wifi one, you do some lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Melanie. I changed from HP because it wouldn't take thicker card and the Canon is great for that but apparently since 2008 they have been using a system that stops the printer working when the ink absorber counter reaches a certain point and only Canon can reset it, so I am not happy. It supposedly happens when you have been printing a lot, but every time it has happened to me it has been when the printer has been idle for a few days!

    ReplyDelete