Monday 12 September 2011

50th Birthday Card

Hello everyone.  Today I am able to post a card that I made a little while ago.  Some of you may already have seen it because I posted it briefly in the group "I'm a Crafter's Companion" on Facebook before I realised that the recipient might also see it in her news feed!

This is a box easel card and my very first attempt at making one so I was quite pleased with the result.


The box and easel are made from snow white Centura Pearl card and I have added additional scalloped squares printed with a backing paper from the zinnia flower fairy cd by Crafters Companion to the top and bottom of the box and used  a spellbinders die to cut them.  The sides of the box and the drawer front at decorated with red stardream paper embossed with a rose pattern using an embossing folder (I think it may be a cuttlebug one but I am not at home to check!)



The card is decorated with red stardream paper and a backing paper from the zinna flower fairy cd printed onto centura pearl paper.  Zinnia flower fairy is decoupaged as are the flowers.  The butterfly is from my stash and I have added a bit of bling to it.  The backing papers and the scalloped card base have all been edged in gold pen.  A little bit of glitter, a bow and some more bling to two corners completed this card.





I hand delivered this card last night and it was well received, much to my relief.  After all I had put a 'very discreet' 50 onto it!!!

I'm not sure when I will get to post more cards during the next couple of weeks, but I will be back as and when I can.

Thank you all for visiting my blog.

Catherine x

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Linda and Melanie.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its lovely Catherine. The draw card has certainly had a new lease of life since i took my old one apart and found the measurements. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Linda - and I am so glad you took your old one apart to find out the measurements. I couldn't remember who had posted them but it was obviously you. And I am sure my sis in law is pleased you did too!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous catherine, i must make one of these. Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Louise - my sister in law was really pleased with it.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete