Friday 26 October 2012

Strawberry Girl

Morning everyone

Yesterday was my friend's birthday and as she loves Humphrey I just had to make her a card using my Humphrey's Corner cd.

I took the main image into Craft Artist and although there are beautiful backing papers on the cd I decided to make one of my own to match.  Once I had designed the card in Craft Artist I had to decide how to make it up. 

Here is the finished card.

I layered the main topper and the mat underneath it and raised the sentiment on foam pads.  I added some red ribbon and a swirl and butterfly made using Cheery Lyn dies.

This is how the original design looked in Craft Artist

This also shows the colours much better than the photograph does!  When I made up the card the swirl got a bit cosy with one of the foam pads on the back of the sentiment so the sentiment ended up in a slightly different place too.  But despite that I was very pleased with the finished card.

Thank you for calling in.

Catherine x

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Catherine love Humphrey and the layout and design is beautiful. I'm sure your friend loved it. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete