I managed to find some time to "play" today as Tom was at work. I have finished the birthday card I started yesterday but the photo of that one will have to wait for now! I did hope to make a start on some Christmas cards - I printed and cut out various backing papers and toppers from my The Snowman cd from Crafters Companion last week so thought it was about time to do something with them. I only got as far as using some sparkle on a couple of toppers before my dear husband came home from work - he was owed some time and decided to take it back today. So that ended my playtime.
Now, what to share this evening? Well, I thought you might like to see a wedding card I made recently for my god-daughter. Sadly I was unable to go to the wedding as it was in Ibiza - but I was there in spirit.
This is another 8x8 card, designed on Serif's Craft Artist Professional. All of the elements from this card, apart from the lace border on the left, were from Daisy Trail digikits. I merged the champagne glasses and wedding cake into the background and then printed the backing paper onto Crafters Companion satin finish paper, which prints beautifully. I printed the bride and groom as separate elements onto supersmooth decoupage paper from Crafting UK. That also prints beautifully, but is slightly heavier than the satin finish. However, I learned to my cost that using silicone gel or Pinflair gel with this paper is not a good idea - it soaks straight through the paper and shows on the front. So I had to start again with the bride and groom and use foam pads instead. A bit of glitter, flower soft on the bouquet, a lace paper border and some ribbon completed the card. And of course it had to have a box, which I made with Centura Pearl in ivory, to match the base card.
The second card I am going to share tonight was made using the Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion daisy stamps. I bought this set when it launched on Create and Craft because I love daisies but the paint is still on my wish list!
This is also quite a large card (190mmx190mm to be precise!). I cut a square aperture into the base card and then stamped the daisies onto acetate. I used gilding flakes and gold glitter on the stamped images and then backed it with black glitter paper. I wanted the card to look very clean and unfussy so added nothing further to it.
As I haven't had any Promarker shading and colouring practise over the weekend I am hoping that I will manage to get some time tomorrow afternoon to complete "Sorry Shanna". Watch this space!
Thank you for stopping by.