Thursday 18 August 2011

No time to play much today!

Evening everyone.  Today I haven't had very much time to play at all.  I have finally had a (long overdue) hair cut and did some shopping in town.  I did have a little bit of practise at my colouring this evening but find it difficult to work once the natural light has gone, even with such wonderful inventions as daylight lamps.  So I have put it away for now in the hope I will get some time to do more tomorrow.

Instead this evening I will share a card I made for my counsin's 65th birthday in July.  As usual I dithered about what to do so the card kind of evolved, with me doing things last that should have been done first!


This card was made from Centura Pearl snow white card.  The roses are die cut shapes from Crafting UK (paper flower expert) which I made up and then mounted  onto a scalloped oval of Centura Pearl snow white card which I had embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I rubbed a Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad (Victorian Velvet) over the inside of the folder before embossing, which gave it a mottled pink effect.  At this point I decided to stamp the steppers using my small leafy swirl stamp from Clarity Stamp (see what I mean about doing things back to front!)  Then I stamped around the edge of the roses panels with the corner Happy Birthday stamp from Clarity Stamp, which of course would have been much easier had I done that first!  Spot the deliberate mistake?  I forgot to mask off the corner of the stamp and so it appears in the centre both top and bottom.  To finish the card I embossed a Spellbinders rose motif and mounted it onto nestie circles, coloured some number peel-offs and some bling with my ProMarkers to match and added them to the card.  I then made a box for it, stamping the lid with the small leafy swirl stamp to match the card.  I was a bit worried about stamping onto Centura Pearl but the result was fine for what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment