Monday 15 August 2011

More practise and a card involving parchmentcraft

Today I finally got to finish the "Sorry Shanna" colouring.  It is the first time I have properly coloured a stamped image and for those of you who have been following my progress you will know that it has taken me the best part of a week to do!  I have had to practice shading of hair, face, boots and clothes so quite a learning curve.  But I am sure that there is room for improvement so will continue to practise, using different images.

Here is the finished result
Today an image, tomorrow a card!

The card I am going to share this evening is a birthday card I made for a friend whose birthday was in July.  It consists of an oval parchmentcraft panel mounted onto a larger oval of blue pearlised card and then a larger white scalloped oval.  I used blue distress ink on the white oval to shade it.  The square backing panel is yellow card stamped with Clarity Stamp small leafy swirl and then heat embossed with gilded ivory embossing powder from Joanna Sheen.  The photograph doesn't really do it justice because the embossed swirls look quite white, which they weren't in reality.  A bit of bling (to conceal the glue under the oval parchment), sentiment, yellow roses and ribbon completed the card.  All the ovals were cut using Spellbinders nesties.  And here it is


So I shall wish you all a goodnight and thankyou for stopping by.

Catherine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment