Sunday 22 January 2012

Love Card

Hello everyone

Today I have made a different sort of card - well different for me anyway.  It is a DL card and I designed it on my Craft Artist solely from digikits.  I made the letters myself in Craft Artist.  Here is what it looks like in Craft Artist:


As I decided I was going to cut out and layer up the "Love" hearts, I decided to err on the side of caution and printed everything else direct to card.  I printed "Love" again separately and then took a deep breath and picked up a small pair of scissors.  It took me a long time but, with plenty of breaks to rest my wrist, I manged to do it.  Then I realised I had to cut the central heart out of the "e"!  So armed with my small scissors again, and my craft knife......  It was at this point that I started to consider how I would manage with my right wrist in a plaster cast and the end of one of my fingers on my left hand missing!  But all was well, if extremely slow and arduous (though perhaps a little rough around the edges!)  So here is the card printed and made up:


I have decided to enter this card into this weeks challenge at Auld Sentiments Challenge Blog which is to make a card with the word "Love" on it.

Thank you for calling by.

Catherine x

14 comments:

  1. So unusual .. love the sentiment on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever card .......Love the colours and I don't think it looks rough around the edges at all. In fact I would be happy to buy send or receive it.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant card Catherine, well done in cutting out the letters with your cast on - I'm impressed x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, considering all your challenges!!! Beautiful idea using the hearts for letter and so well executed. You must have SO much patience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Catherine I love the colours and no rough edges that I can see well done.. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very different catherine and i love it. louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Catherine, I love the soft colours.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Catherine. I got Craft Artist for Christmas and must try to get to grips with it. Carol x
    PS Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so lovely, Catherine, especially given your wrist! It's so well worth all your effort, so very well done.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies - I really appreciate all your lovely comments.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Catherine this is just beautiful and love the sentiment too. Good luck in the challenge.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful Catherine, as usual. Love the design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH WOW! Fabulous job! Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments! We hope you'll join us again soon!

    Scrappy - Aud Sentiments DT

    ReplyDelete