Saturday 28 January 2012

Friendship is the Breathing Rose

Good afternoon folks

Well, last night I vowed to tidy up my craft room as I was down to about 6 square inches of working space so I spent a lot of time today doing just that.  I wouldn't say the room was pristine when I finished, far from it, but at least I had space to work in.  And of course once I was in there I needed to do something.  I decided I would make a reasonably quick card though as playing time was getting short, and so I took another of my flower photographs, which I had already played around with in Craft Artist, printed it and turned it into an easel card.


This card is made from a 15cm square card base and I have used a lavender coloured smooth card from Craftsite, a pink foil paper I bought years ago from Create and Craft, and some deep pink Stardream paper for the matting and layering.  I used a rose embossing folder on the lavender card behind the topper, printed the sentiement onto plain white paper and then cut it and another piece of lavender card using dies.  The ribbon and the gems are from my stash.  I think I need to add another little embellishment in front of the sentiment.

Here is the original photograph


I wish I could say that I had also grown this rose myself, but unfortunately I can't - it was included in a bouquet.

Thank you for dropping by.

Catherine x

13 comments:

  1. Fab picture.. love that you put your photo onto card.. If you hadnt told me I would have thought a professional photographer took it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty Catherine. Classic & unique It does the beautiful flower justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Catherine this is absolutely gorgeous. I do love the rose and it looks really beautiful against the embossed background.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Catherine, I was going to ask if you were a good gardener too then saw your comment below! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo Catherine love what you have done with it, will have to look more of mine out now :O) Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful catherine, the photo is fab. i will give wilkinsons a go but not sure where my nearest one is but will find it. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. I love the photo and how you have used it to make such a lovely card.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card very elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card. I love the why you've used the rose embossing folder in the background. It sets off the picture beautifully. I love the way you've worked the edges of the photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Card love the way you have put it all together lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Catherine. Fantastic use of the photograph. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow,beautiful photograph Catherine. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete