Friday 4 November 2011

Some quick digital cards.

Evening people

This evening I thought I would share some quick cards I made using my Craft Artist Professional.  I send quite a lot of Christmas cards in the post and thanks to the crazy way the postage is calculated these days, virtually every handmade card I make has to go as a large letter.  So when it comes to sending a lot of cards via Royal Mail I just print many of them.  So here are some of the ones I have made so far this year, inserts and all!

This is a 5x5 card designed using the digikits in Craft Artist, as was the insert.  Once you decide what you want it is simply a case of printing and assembling!  I just couldn't resist the cute and innocent characters and animals I used for this card and the second card below. The following two cards were done in the same way.
I often add little touches to the card fronts once they have been printed eg glitter, ribbon, peel-offs etc - as long as they don't increase the depth of the card beyond 5mm and make it weigh more than 100g!

While I was playing with Craft Artist I also decided to try and make another tri-fold cutout card.  I made it smaller this time and used images and backing papers from my cd "Art Deco Delights" by Rob Addams.  I also remembered how hard it was to cut the 300gsm card I used last time so changed to 250gsm this time, and it was definitely easier to cut through (I'm not great with a craft knife when it comes to fiddly bits!)  So here is the card

I think it could probably do with something added to it to bring it to life a bit but can't quite put my finger on what!  Maybe I need a more glamorous image!

Thank you for calling in.

Catherine x

5 comments:

  1. These are really lovely.
    I've not tried digital crafting ... yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debz. I started making cards using my pc, a £5 cardmaking programme and a printer! And progressed from there - but still go back to the digital cards regularly.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab cards catherine, the christmas cards i am making now are to go in the post so i'm trying really hard not to add too much bulk. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are great Catherine, I usually resort to Craft Artist for men's cards, I find them difficult to find ideas with my stash, it's mainly for ladies.

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Louise and Jackie. I get frustrated Louise because no matter how flat I try to keep a card, it rarely fits through the 5mm slot when checked in the post office, hence having to resort to purely digital! Jackie I also always have difficulty coming up with something for men's cards but find there are a lot of papers etc in the digikits that are great for them too.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete