Tuesday 15 November 2011

A couple of cards with inserts

Hello everyone

Well I didn't make it as far as my craft room today - I think my system is still in shock after spending a lot of time doing housework yesterday!

So this evening I am going to show you two cards plus matching inserts that I have designed while playing with Craft Artist.  Both of these cards have yet to be printed and made up.  Here's the first one

This is the card front and was entirely made from one of the Daisy Trail (Serif) digikits - Winter Greens.  Here is the matching insert


Here is the second card front

The flower image on this card is taken from My Craft Studio artwork - Tattered Lace.  All other elements are from the Daisy Trail digikits.  Here is the matching insert


I haven't yet decided how I am going to make up these two cards - I may print out extra layers of certain elements and layer them up, or I may just print them straight onto a card base but add a bit of glitter.  I may even leave them "as is".  I will decide that when I know who the recipient is going to be.

Many thanks for stopping by.

Catherine x

14 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Kate, I must have a play with MCS tomorrow.. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris - I lose all track of time when I start playing with it! Although I usually use it for inserts, even if I don't use it for the card front.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi catherine they are lovely i especially like the green one is fab. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! They look fab as they are!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both lovely cards, i'm a serif fan to have lots of digkits. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Louise, Dawn and Tracey.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catherine, these are gorgeous. I especially love the first one with the Christmas decorations :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you LInda - I try my best!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Catherine, These are gorgeous, I love the colours that green is stunning! and how sweet are the little decorations and the flowers on the other card are so lovely.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are lovely, but my fave is the green one, I love this shade....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Becky and Sheelagh. Yes, I love that green too - all the items in that particular digikit are in those colours. Gorgeous - but then green has always been my favourite colour.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Catherine, I especially like the green. B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love both these, but like everyone especially the winter greens. I have this one myself - must really get into playing with Serif xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Bianca and Jane. Seems like the majority vote is for the Winter Greens colours!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete