Wednesday 27 February 2013

A couple of easel cards

Afternoon everyone

Well so much for trying to keep up to date with my blog, though in my defence I have to say that I haven't been too well this month so my blog wasn't the only thing that wasn't being done.  But I am back today with a couple of easel cards I have made.

The first one I am going to share is a children's card and I have used two sets of digital clipart, Jungle Safari and Jungle Birthday, both from Scrapbooking Mad to make this card.

The topper on the card front is raised on foam pads, and layered ontoyellow card and  red backing paper - also included with the clipart and recoloured by me in Craft Artist.  The whole card was designed in and printed from Craft Artist.

I decided to do a pop-up stopper for this card which makes it more interesting than just a flat one.  Here is a close up of the stopper.


The second card I did in this way is a male card "Gone Fishing" and was made using clipart created by Tracy Barnes/macatelier and available from Commercial Use Scraps.  Here is the card

I created my own background papers for this card, using the colour palette in the artwork, and layered this onto blue holgraphic card.  The label shaped topper is raised on foam pads and the fishing basket and fish form the stoppers.  Again this card was designed in and printed from Craft Artist.

Both cards are aprox 6ins square and of course fold flat to fit into a standard envelope.

Thank you for dropping in.

Catherine x

2 comments:

  1. Two fab easel cards Catherine. Love your stopper in the first. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards Catherine. I love easel cards and these two show why!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete